Dr Malcolm Wheatley is a Clinical and Forensic Psychologist, registered with the British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). He is an accredited Cognitive-Behavioural Therapist (BABCP). He works from a clinic in Northampton town centre (Albion Consultancy and Treatment) which is an independent mental health outpatient facility. He offers services to children and adolescents, families and adults of all ages.
People may be seeking help for a range of difficulties including:
- Adjustment issues: Life crisis, separation, divorce, redundancy
- Anxiety: Agoraphobia, health anxiety, phobias, panic, social anxiety
- Depression and mood disorders
- Eating disorders: Anorexia, bulimia, compulsive eating
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Personality disorder
- Sexual abuse
- Self-esteem and self-confidence problems
- Work-related problems – work stress and bullying
- Relationship problems
Dr Wheatley is happy to discuss potential referrals and advise on options available. He has worked in private practice for over 20 years in the Northampton area, alongside a substantive post as Lead Psychologist at St. Andrew's Healthcare until September 2015. He is widely experienced and committed to providing individualised and high-quality psychological assessment and treatment.